However, when something like this comes along, I need to post.
- "Workers violently kicking and stomping on birds, dragging them by their fragile wings and necks, and maliciously throwing turkeys onto the ground or into transport trucks in full view of company management;"
- "Employees bashing in the heads of live birds with metal bars, leaving many to slowly suffer and die from their injuries;"
- "Turkeys covered in flies, living in their own waste, with some unable to access food or water and suffering from severe feather loss"
- "Birds suffering from serious untreated illnesses and injuries, including open sores, infections, rotting eyes, and broken bones; and"
- "Severely injured turkeys, unable to stand up or walk, left to die without any veterinary care, because treating sick or injured birds was too costly and time consuming, as the farm manager explained to MFA's investigator."
|From Mercy for Animals|
- Writing on their Facebook Wall saying that you want them to adhere to animal welfare standards and that you are boycotting their turkeys and buying local, humane meat instead.
- Tweeting at them (@butterball) telling them you will #boycott their product and instead by #humane #turkeys until they become more humane.
- Calling them at 800-288-8372 and tell them you are boycotting their product and buying humane turkey, and urge them to strengthen their animal welfare standards.
- Sending an email using their online submission form telling them that you are boycotting their product until they strengthen their animal welfare regulations.